As we look forward to long Autumn days and cold winter nights, its time to start stockpiling. I love series romance during the Fall and Winter months, when I am less distracted by the weather and nights get darker sooner.
In no specific order, here are ten of my all time favorite (and re-read again and again) hist-ro series.
- The Deadly’s by Brenda Joyce. Although these are later historically than my usual fare of Regency, Francesca Cahill is a captivating heroine/sleuth with a wonderfully diverse cast of supporting characters and some hot romantic triangles.
- Julia Quinn’s The Bridgertons. Although I haven’t been a huge fan of her more recent work, The Bridgerton series is top notch historical romance writing–funny, great characters and sweet love stories.
- Mary Balogh Bedwyn Saga (or the Slightly Series). Wonderful family with very unique characters, diverse love stories, and classically satisfying writing by a master.
- Eloisa James’ The Essex Sisters are the reason James is one of my favorite contemporary hist-ro authors. Sexy without being over the top, hot heroes, and funny heroines. Plus great sisterly chats!
- Jenna Petersen’s Lady Spies series is perfect for Autumn days dreaming of cloak and dagger…and cloaks. She is brilliant writer with sparkling dialogue and wonderful love stories.
- Victoria Alexander’s Last Man Standing Series. Fun, juicy, different…so many wonderful qualities to this well stacked series. Victoria Alexander has enough of the formula down and also something different…a twist with her characters that read like a breath of fresh air.
- Jane Feather’s Duncan Sisters Series. Its Edwardian, full of sassy sisters and the men who love them. Its a great change of pace with whip smart career minded ladies.
- Stephanie Laurens Cynster Series has some wonderful stories, and although I didn’t always love them, there is enough books here to be sure you will find a favorite. I love the twins stories, On a Wild Night and On a Wicked Dawn.
- Anne Gracie’s Perfect Series has gotten some rave reviews, and although I haven’t yet read it, you can be sure I will be checking it out!
- Finally, recently read Delilah Marvelle’s Scandal series was a welcome addition to my collection of favorite series. They are easy to read and two of the books, in my opinion, were really top notch.
Recommendations by other Regency Readers:
- Lisa Kleypas: Wallflowers (Especially Devil in Winter) and the Hathaways (Mine Till Midnight is still my favourite) I have to agree, Natty. Kleypas is great and this series is stellar!
- Liz Carlyle: Basically all of her historical romance titles as the charters are interwoven and often reoccur
By Diana Douglas:
- The Bride Trilogy by Jane Feather
By Dalia G.
- LADIES’ AMATEUR SLEUTH SOCIETY by Robyn DeHart
- THE ROYAL BROTHERHOOD SERIES by Sabrina Jeffries
- Jo Beverley has The MALLOREN WORLD series
- The Knight Miscellany by Gaelen Foley
- THE COMPASS CLUB by Jo Goodman
Add your favorite Regency/Victorian romance series in the comment section, and I will update the post with your suggestions!