Okay, I know I am a bit late on this years post. But the weather in the PacNW has been wacky. Alternating hot, humid, rainy and cold; the weather man and weather woman are abnormally baffled about what to expect next. Couple with a ridiculously long hay fever season, I have been a trifle indisposed.
- Heiress in Love, Christina Brooke. I have been feeling adventurous lately, and this one comes highly recommended. A pretty standard plot but some sizzling love scenes to spice up your blood and help you cool off.
- Jennifer McQuiston recommends A Lady’s Lesson in Scandal, Meredith Duran. If the cover is any indication, this one is going to be a scorcher. Plus, the back cover synopsis sounds ridiculously yummy. She breaks into his house and finds him naked at the end of her pistol. Delicious!
- eHarelquin is running a special on Kasey Matthews‘ How to Tempt a Duke. Awesome! Plus its part of a series, so if we get hooked there is more in the mail.
- A Courtesan’s Guide to Getting Your Man by Celeste Bradley and Susan Donovan is not for the love scene light fans. Its steamy, dreamy and whatsmore a two fer!
- Lord Langley Is Back in Town (The Bachelor Chronicles) Elizabeth Boyle. Its been a while since I have read Boyle, and if you haven’t ever read her, this looks like a brilliant place to start. Just released, its getting a mixture of five and one stars on amazon, so you will either love it or hate it. I am game to try!
- The Secret Desires of a Governess by Tiffany Clare has a breathtaking cover, and is getting rave reviews. Plus, doesn’t every girl have a bit of naughty governess in her?
- How to Seduce a Scoundrel by Vicky Dreiling presents peachy passion. Its a sequel, but since when does reading out of sequence stop me?
- Spring for the hardcover of this recent release! The Secret Mistress by Mary Balogh is bound to be a barn burner, and with an effervescent turquoise theme cover scheme…it will cool you off on hot nights. Balogh is brilliant, and its always great to home to her words!
- Everyone is tweeting about The School for Brides series by Cheryl Ann Smith. And her debut effort promises a fun diversion.
- Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke’s Heart by Sarah MacClean is part of a series that will be talked about for years as a winner. Definitely one to watch!
Any of these lovely titles can be purchased at most major book retailers. Most are linked to amazon. Or, you can check out Better Than Chocolate Books for a little recycled love.