Le sigh! Nothing quite like a hunky, brooding man in tight fitting breeches. If only we could talk the men in our lives into dressing up in buckskin and cravats… Here are some of my favorite hist-ro heroes (from contemporary hist-ros…because otherwise I would end up naming most of Jane Austen’s characters…)
- Joshua Moore, Marquess of Hallmere (Mary Balogh, Slightly Scandalous). The moment he dashes into “handsome” Freyja Bedwyn’s room at the coaching inn, I am terribly in love. He is hot, passionate and really funny. Plus he loves Freyja, battleaxe personality and non-conventional looks and all.
- Earl of Mayne (Eloisa James, Pleasure for Pleasure). The Earl makes several guest appearances in earlier novels, so it is a delight to finally watch him fall in love (real love, not the infatuations he is prone to). He is the epitome of rogue…with all the delicious knowledge that comes from being seasoned at le petit mort.
- Colin Bridgerton (Julia Quinn, Romancing Mister Bridgerton). He’s not really a rake or a rogue. He is considerate, kind and gentle. And devilishly handsome. I love him the best, of all the male Bridgertons!
- Sebastian, the Marquess of Bonnington (Eloisa James, The Duchess Quartet). Never was a running subplot character so delicious. He is at first stuffy, but then when he lets his earthy side out, heaven help us!
- Marcus, Lord Westcliff (Lisa Kleypas, It Happened One Autumn). Oh he is so uptight. Oh, I love to watch him get rumpled…
- Lucas Tyler (Jenna Petersen, Desire Never Dies). Arrogant, brilliant, dedicated…recipe for perfect passion!
- Cordell Easton, Earl of Brant (Kat Martin, The Bride’s Necklace). Sexual tension abound when runaway overprotective big sis joins the household staff of this scandalous lord. Somehow he sees beneath her frumpy housekeeper clothes to the real woman…mmmm….
- Lucien Ashford, Viscount Calverton (Stephanie Laurens, On a Wicked Dawn). From the moment he gets opens the door to love, in a drunken stupor, I find this scrapegrace dark and deliriously sensual. He has a rakehellion streak, but is all too ready to be tamed by the love of a good woman. Yum!
Pingback: My Favorite Historical Romance Heroes « My Thoughts On Nothing Much At All
Aw, you’re so sweet! Lucas is one of my favorite heroes, too. He was fun to write! 🙂