My top eight contemporary historical romance novels (had to leave out Austen & Heyer…!). These are the books you can enjoy again and again.
- Splendid by Julia Quinn. I love stories of masquerades gone wrong, and this one is funny, warm and wonderful. Read an excerpt here.
- The Gilded Web by Mary Balogh. Mistaken identities and bed tricks…what could be juicier? I love the Earl of Amberley and found Alexandra interesting and believable. Read an excerpt here.
- Pleasure for Pleasure by Eloisa James. I love the Essex Sisters Series, and Pleasure for Pleasure is by far my favorite. Great twists, wonderful characters and a fabulous romance. Read an excerpt here.
- On A Wicked Dawn by Stephanie Laurens. Amelia shocks the delicious Viscount Calverton by proposing to him! Read an excerpt here.
- Rules of Surrender by Christina Dodd. Pygmalion gender bender. Fabulous Distinguished Academy of Governesses Series. Read an excerpt here.
- The Pursuit of Marriage by Victoria Alexander. Cute plot, funny scenes, great characters. Read an excerpt here.
- The Duke Next Door by Celeste Bradley. Fabulous series.
- Until You by Judith McNaught. A little amnesia somehow makes for great hist-ro. Read an excerpt here.